Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Which holy object do Jews kiss?

Which holy objects do Jews kiss? Besides pussy?
That's a good guess though, b/c one of the answers to that question is a box i put my head on.

And that is how i started looking for jewish secrets in kissing holy objects. I asked myself why do i have a natural inclination which i do act upon, to kiss the teffillin box around one's forehead but not the teffilin around one's arm? Why does that feel right?

What are some other holy objects Jewish people kiss? Mezuzah and Tzitzit.
And it was here that a pattern became evident. Mezuzah and Tzitzit are commandments that are under the classification of "signs". So is teffillin, but what makes the teffillin box on ones head different from ones arm?

The teffillin box on one's arm represent action, but on one's head it represents: NOT action BUT a more abstract quality like knowledge, intelligence etc.

Therefore here is the jewish secret I was looking for: a connection between the concept of something-like-intelligence and signs.

That's as far as I got. Like with many of my hunts for my people's secrets, I can go so far as to show that something is there hidden, worth looking at ... but what it is exactly is still a secret.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?